Sunday, June 5, 2022

Not Enough Hours in the Day

And what is so rare as a day in June?

With a bow to James Russell Lowell, there aren't enough days in the week nor hours in the day to get everything done.  I finally got some marigolds planted just this afternoon.

In February my SQL database "day job", which had been winding down ever since the start of Covid, came to a final end, freeing up a few more hours to job hunt.  

I estimate that since September 2021 I have submitted 83 applications, resulting in six interviews and zero jobs.

ESL classes, however are humming along as usual.  My students have succeeded with various projects and positions, while I have certainly created a lot of educational materials.  Just on its own, ESL is quite fulfilling.

By the end of this month it will be a full year since I started teaching ESL!  I've already started listing my online-teaching years-of-experience as "1", which may be why I've started to get a few interviews.  

No comments:

Post a Comment