Monday, November 29, 2021

No Luck Yet on the Google Scans

 Everything still looks the same as it did on Nov. 17 when I began my SEO efforts.  

I created a Google Search Console account, then added both a robots.txt file and a new sitemap.xml file to the root directory of the website. (GoDaddy seemed to have automatically created a sitemap.xml.)  I created a copy of the "chant" Google Sheet and, rather than just publishing, in addition utilized the Embed code that Google generates. I put the code in a separate HTML page which I was able to then add to the sitemap.xml.  Since the Portrfolio now links to a lingopractico.com HTML page rather than to an "anonymous" Google Drive, will that make a difference?

In addition, the Console showed a link to my site from Bridge.edu but none from LinkedIn; so I logged in to LinkedIn and modified the appropriate file, there.  Every inward link counts!

Of course I made sure that the terms "Color Vowel" and "Blue Canoe" show up on just about every appropriate page of materials.  

Once more I went over articles outlining reasons that pages may not show up in Google and double-checked my arrangements.

Via my Google Search Console account I let Google know about the new files and file changes and requsted a re-index of the Portfolio page.  I also requested an index of the new "chant" page.  No results!  Very discouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment